Admissions Department

English language:

1.       Q: what are the documents required?

·         a clear copy of passport

·         a copy of your English language test results ( IELTS, TOEFL or Pearson’s PTE Tests)

·         your home address

·         Your contact details( telephone, and email address)

2.       Q:  what are the Types of English language courses?

1-      General English/ Intensive English  ( for language Development)

2-      English for Academic purposes: to prepare for further studies (Undergraduate or postgraduate degrees).

3-      Intensive Pre-sessional English language courses ( before starting a degree programme, this includes : Study Skills course

4-      English for specific purpose ( usually for group of students) with common area of interest to learn terminology etc

3.         Q: How Can I proof my English language ability to study at a University?

The most common and widely accepted English language test in the UK and Republic of Ireland is the IELTS test; you will need to achieve the following grades:

1-      An overall score of 5.5 in the test to start an International Foundation programme ( some programmes may require a minimum of 6.0

2-      A score of 6.0 to 6.05 for undergraduate studies ( some discipline will require  a minimum of 7.0  for example Medicine and Law

3-      A  minimum of .5 for postgraduate studies ( again some disciplines  will require  a minimum of 7.0  ( example  if you study Medicine, Dentistry, Law , Economics)

Duration of Programmes:

4.       Q:   I have been granted a scholarship for 12 months, but the offer letter is for less, why?

Because under current UKBA regulations, if you do not have proof of your English language ability at a sufficiently good level, you may only apply for a student Visitor’s Visa ( SVV) for a maximum of 11 months

5.       Q: I would like to choose a school to be with my friends?

The idea is to benefit from the period granted to you to develop your English language; the choice is made on the basis of our current level, the requirement of your study plan and to avoid having too many students within the same institution

6.       Q: I am a new student, what can you advise me during my English language study?

·          Go to school on time , not late

·         Attend regularly, if you become ill you must notify School

·         Participate actively in class

·         Do your home work

·          Use  Radio, TV, Newspaper etc to develop your  language skills

·         Use English in  frequently

·         WRITE: this is an area which tends to be overlooked in preference developing to oral skills.

·         When you have reached reasonable level you must  sit  an external test and provide the  your advisor with a copy of the result

·         Seek assistance at School, such as writing skills, pronunciation etc.

Host family:

·         Remember you are a guest, so respect your host family and inform them if you are late or will not be in at meal-time.

·         Pay your rent on time in full

·         Give notice if you decide to leave early; if you are not sure: ASK School or your adviser.

·         If you travel you must notify your school, host family and seek approval from your adviser.

University Study:

Documents required for admissions:

1-      Copy of your Certificate of General Secondary Education and transcript.

2-      Proof of English language ability ( overall band of 5.5 in IELTS)

3-      Subject to be studied ( please see listing at UCAS website),(

4-      Copy of your passport

5-      Address and contact details

Postgraduate Studies:

Documents required for admissions

1-      Undergraduate degree certificate & transcript ( in English)

2-      Proof of English language (IELTS test score of 6-6.5 Minimum) but see questions above.

3-      Two academic references

4-      Your CV

5-      If undertaking research: a research proposal ( about 5000 words)

6-      Copy of your passport, address and contact details